Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The history of cooking....


Why im starting this blog???? Hmmm..bored?alone?futile?needing attention?lonely?..HUH... dont get me wrong im not a psycho middle aged woman who is trying to get everyone's attention and pretend that you love me!!!!

I just want to share how is it to have a Chef son.... I love to cook...how i take the pleasure to cook for everyone and see how my family and friends enjoying every bite of my home cooked food. I say home cook because mainly i just cook for my ever loyal audience my family and friends.. Lets put it this way. I live in a busy city life world and everyone seems just doesn't have the time to romance their kitchen . Mostly they end up eating take-away from a Filipino or Chinese restaurant or pretend that they are enjoying a ready to cook food. But me... mmmm....I would rather cook my meal.

This is maybe why my Son decided to be a professional Chef. Oh How i love to think that way ..pretending that i have a good influence on him. But I know that he has his own reasons....I was just hoping.....(Son if your reading this please just agree....mom is pleading...please) hahaha...

I vividly remember at 7 years old he knows how to take control of the kitchen. He sometimes cook for us of course with the help of his assistant. The stool... since he still small and couldn't reach the sink and the burner The stool became his best help. He started to experiment with scrambled eggs and perfected it until he decided to move on and jump to another recipe...ooohhh how i love to tell you how so many more of our kitchen adventures. Its getting late and still have to cook breakfast...yes ...we Filipino's cook and eat rice for breakfast...don't get shock will tell you why on my next blog.....

5 comments:

  1. when our baby starts his 1st meal...he knows what good food are. when he starts to starve...he checks on how he could fill up his stomach(Mom's recipe)...when he is given the liberty to use the kitchen...he starts exploring (mom's recipes) when he start to be a critic (mom's recipe )..then surely he will turn out and be a good chef. Hope you both will soon be in the food industry business. I will be there to taste every single recipe in line. GO MOM! I am now your avid Fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl....i almost tasted all your meal....and i can say that you cook great....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see my first grandson Arvie cooking in his workplace in chef's attire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lolo ..see the new post... More pictures to come...

    ReplyDelete
  5. as far as i can remember i cook better than my couz'. we experimented on every single condiments or spices we can find on our kitchen when we were still kids. coz most of the time, me and my couz (which is the Chef... "proud of you bro!") were left alone in the house while our moms are at work. but later on i myself agreed that his skills in cooking really has improved so much that even if i cook food for both of us, drives me to make a silly grin and laugh silently pretending that what i've prepared or cooked tastes really good... till my couz came back wearing those elegantly tailored white uniform bringing his own sets of knives... i never messed with the kitchen when he is cooking us food, since then... i wait at my side of the dining table... :D

    ReplyDelete