Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The history of cooking 2......

Im here clicking on my keyboard wondering how i would share my cooking sojourn should i start where I ended the last time....oh no... My son was still 7 then...you'll get bored ... and start thinking of clicking your mouse away from my page...i wouldn't allow you  to get jaded.

Let me skip the many years and lets jump into when I was really astonished  by my son's welcoming himself to the professional world of culinary....
 
Winning the Gold!
There he is at  18 and he is surely a champ.   Competing in New Zealand with other chefs and bagging the gold.  How proud Iam....well of course... i wouldn't pretend but somehow i got scared just a bit...questions just lurking around my thoughts.  would he still be requesting for his fav meal or still ask me to cook for him since we all know he is better cook than i am.... sigh....well of course he still will...I'm his mom and just the thought of him waiting for his hungry stomach to be filled by a prepared meal on the table is better than him cooking for himself...mothers am i right? hahahaha...

Lets start by me, sharing the difference of our cook books...These below are my cook books...1 is a magazine and the other  is a 300 page book and 150 pages of these are all pictures...and it is entitled  "Cooking a common sense guide"....commonsense lady commonsense...hehehe...

 
 
 
 
My party time cook book...mostly of my friends held their party in my small abode...I need this..have i used this? hmmmm...it has given me a lot of ideas
This is my  commonsense guide cook book....I really need sense to have a mouthwatering meal for the visitors...













And this is my sons cook book a 700 hard bound book where all renowned chef worldwide have contributed their recipes....The frist time he showed this to me and ask me to cook something from this book...Have i understand it...nope....have i understand the jargons..nope....have i understand and pictured how the cooking goes...nope....oh my....i was lost.....but the nicest thing is he end up cooking for us....ohhhh if you were only here and see  how my guests just mesmerize his creation....





2 comments:

  1. yeah! I love reading the history of your success! Remember it is the mother's pride of what our child had become.A Chef son? How I wish I too have one. So we just can sit at the dinning table and wait for what they have cooked for us...sounds awesome, right? To share you this...in cooking there should be the PASSION for it...while cooking there should be the LOVE to feel within and that's the main ingredient to have a scrumptious menu. Your Chef son loves you so much and it is in his cooking to let you know how much he loves his mom. Someday soon I can feel that your Chef son will have his own Cookbook. And I'll get the first copy!
    Your AVID FAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carinna..Thank you for your inspiring comment...oh how we love to sit and chat for hours over our dinner..remember all the laughs and the unending cooking...oohh how i miss those days...

    ReplyDelete